Inka Trail 4D/1N
Day 01: Cusco – Km 82 – HuayllabambaThis experience begging with the pickup from your Hotel early in the morning 06:00 AM, transfer in our private transport to a point indicated Km. 82 here begins our walk. The first section of this circuit will take place along the Urubamba River with an excellent view of the Veronica Snow (5,700 masl), we will have our lunch in the small town of Miskay, then we will continue towards the Archaeological Ensemble of Llactapata through the Cusichaca River Valley, we will arrive near the town of Huayllabamba (3,000 masl) where we have our camp assigned by the rangers• Estimated time to walk: 5 to 6 hours.• Total distance: 12 km• Altitude of our camp: 3,000 meters above sea level. Day 02: Huayllabamba – Warmiwañusca Pass – PacaymayoAfter breakfast we will start our walk, we will slowly ascend to the Warmiwañusca pass (4200 m.a.s.l.) crossing a beautiful forest of Queñua trees. We will have attractive views of the Andean landscape; we will arrive at Llulluchapampa (3,750 m.a.s.l.) typical pampas at the foot of the open. After arriving at the Warmiwañusca pass, we will descend to the Pacaymayo Valley (3,620 m.a.s.l.) where we will have lunch and there we will also set up our camp. Here we can appreciate the extraordinary construction of the Inca Trail. In the afternoon we will have a nice share with our porters’ people who will be in charge of carrying all the equipment and food that we will use throughout the days on the Inca Trail knowing them one by one. Estimated time to walk: 6 to 7 hours.Total distance: 10 kmAltitude of our camp: 3,620 meters above sea level.
Day 03: Pacaymayo – Runkurakay – Sayacmarca – Wiñaywayna
After our breakfast we will start our trek, this is one of the most beautiful days of the Inca trail. We will visit the archaeological complex of Runkurakay from which we will have a spectacular view of the area, we will go back the passage of the same name (3,900 meters above sea level), we will continue towards the archaeological sites of Sayaqmarca, Phuyupatamarca and Wiñaywayna, which are joined together by a wonderful road original Inca white and gray granite, among the abundant vegetation of the forest. We will observe the remarkable balance achieved by the Incas and its surroundings. We will have our lunch midway in a beautiful camp known as ChaquiCocha, our camp will be located around the archaeological site of Wiñaywayna (2,700 m.a.s.l.).
Estimated time to walk: 9 to 10 hours.
Total distance: 17 km
Altitude of our camp: 2,700 meters above sea level.
Day 04: Wiñaywayna – Inti Punku – Machupicchu – Cusco
This day we wake up early at 4:00 AM, have breakfast and start the walk at 5:30 AM. We said goodbye to the porters because they will return to Cusco with all the camping equipment.We will make our walk in the middle of a dense vegetation typical of the rain forest towards the Sun Gate or Inti Punku, from where we will have a formidable panoramic view of the Inka Citadel of Machupicchu. We are arriving to Machupicchu approximately. At 7:30 AM, Once here we will have a guided tour of 3 to visit the most important places of Machupicchu. Then they will have free time to visit Machupicchu on their own.At the appropriate time we will go down by bus to the town of Aguas Calientes, where you can have lunch in one of the many restaurants by Aguas Calientes town. In the afternoon we will board the train back to Ollantaytambo where a transport awaits us to return to the Hotel in Cusco.• Estimated time to walk: 3 hours.• Total distance: 6 km• Altitude of Machu Picchu: 2,430 masl.End of services.
- Bus to kilometer 82
- Entrance ticket to the Inca Trail and Machupicchu
- Tourist train ticket from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo
- Transfer from Ollantaytambo to Cusco
- Porters to carry equipment, tents, food, kitchen equipment.
- Professional guide
- Bus down from Machupicchu – Aguas Calientes
- First aid kit
- Boiled and filtered water to drink along the way
- 03 snacks 03 Breakfasts, 03 lunches and 03 dinners
- Vegetarian food if required Not include Lunch (fourth day)
- Sleeping bag Entrance tickets to Huaynapicchu Mountain or Machupicchu Mountain
- We recommend carrying Original passport
- Student card with effective date.
- Sleeping bag (can be rented at the agency)
- Mountain boots and sandals (very important)
- Trekking poles (can be rented at the agency)
- Warm clothes: layers of varying temperatures, especially at night. Thermal / gloves / scarves: wool socks / wool hat for cold nights, t-shirts for the entire walk. Headlamp (very important).
- Camera and spare batteries.
- Sunscreen / hat and sunglasses.
- Personal medical kit Insect repellent.
- Rainwear: a good raincoat and rain pants and a plastic rain poncho.
- Toilet paper.
- Small towel.
- Extra money for drinks and tips, souvenirs, etc. (soles or dollars).
- Water Bottle (recommended 1 liter).